7215 Zimpel St.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

So, I'm in Australia and going to class and doing normal things like that. I have this class called Gender, Work and Society and the other day in class we were discussing gender roles at work. The tutor asked people to talk about gender roles we see in our jobs. Everybody kept talking about their retail jobs and crap like that. I told them that I spent the summer working in construction. (Need to be vague so I don't have to even try to explain things to them). Then talked about how a lot of the time men would not want the girls to do the really hard jobs, which would really upset me. But, then I'd just go hit some things with a sledge hammer and I'd feel a lot better. Apparently, nobody in my class had ever experienced anything like that before, because the only response I got was a bunch of blank stares. I think they think I'm crazy. Oh well. Atleast you guys know what I'm talking about.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home